We aren't as hot as other parts of the country, but its been hot here lately. But it could be, and has been hotter. And it's not -20F outside, so we probably shouldn't complain.
As is usual for the week of July 4th, the boy's daycare is taking a week-long vacation. Since Ashely & Michelle watched the twins all summer last year, we asked if they could watch the three boys this week and they agreed. Now that the fence is up, I'm hoping that it makes life easier for them especially with the twins being very mobile. Last weekend, in addition to cleaning the garage, I tried to get some stuff set up in the backyard to make their week at home more enjoyable for them.
It seems like the kids today need a playhouse in their yard. Our kids enjoy this one which has a gas station on one side, a bank on the other, a firehouse in red brick and the fourth side has a basketball hoop and soccer net. You can see more pictures here.
We added a toybox in the backyard. Jenner is trying to figure out which toy to pull out and play with below.
And we set up a sandbox in the backyard as well. It was really hot on Sunday so I set up an umbrella to screen them from the sun while they played.
I bought the sand at a local nursery where you buy it by the cubic foot. I was able to get one-half cubic foot for a decent price. They do not have a very accurate way of measuring the sand. I got a big scoop full using a Bobcat skid steer loader and the sand was dumped in my pickup bed. I think the bed is 6'x5' roughly and it was at least 1' deep with sand. According to my calculations, I had well over 1 cubic foot of sand in the pickup bed, which was much, much more than we needed. Latana's parents have a sandbox which could use some topping off so last night we drove out there and dumped the rest of the sand into their sandbox. Afterward, Chay was a big help in cleaning off the sand out of the pickup with Grandpa's help as well.
We wish everyone a safe and happy Fourth of July!




No comments:
Post a Comment