Monday, March 11, 2013

Jenner Speaks. Jace Doesn't.

Jenner has been quite talkative for some time now. Before he turned two, Jenner was speaking over 100 different words and often in 3 or 4 word sentences. Jace is the complete opposite. Jace is more likely to point to something rather than say anything. I think if you average the twins out, it comes to what an average two year old would sound like.

I've noticed with Chay when he was at that age, and now with Jenner, that when the kid is starting to understand how to say things, they will often ask questions. With Chay, his favorite phrase was "Why Cuz?". I take this as a toddler's way of asking a question to get an answer to learn the language. Being four, Chay rarely asks that question any more. Jenner's favorite question is "What's Happening?". Even though its a different question, its the same thing. We get this question often. And many time, we will get it in succession even if we have already answered it. I try to answer the question the same way a couple of times and then vary the answer to show him that there is more than one way to say the same thing.

There is hope for Jace. More recently, Jace is starting to ask the same type of question. So I think Jace is finally ready to start talking more. He's just on a different pace than Jenner is all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, their dad didn't really start talking till he was almost three, so you can't fault Jace. :)

Mom